Thursday, July 30, 2009

Revisit to LaTale

So today LaTale came to OB in Aeria Games. This was something I was looking forward to because OGP is dead to me because of all the bad things I heard about. Though, everyone hates on their companies anyways so it doesn't bug me. I typically use a objective view to these issues but it's hard enough for me. Anyways, what made me quit LaTale was that their enchants in the game was drops only, and it was hard enough to actually find the monsters that drop which enchants. So I heard that Aeria was getting LaTale so I promptly stopped playing. Today is a magnificent day because Aeria just released OB today. So without further ado I hopped on LaTale as fast I could.

I quit after five minutes.

What just happened? Well first thing first. Do I really want to regrind thirty levels again? I mean it may be fun to some people but if you read my earlier blog; I have low tolerance towards monotonous grinding. The first time you go through something it's fun, but for every subsequent playthrough it always loses its touch. One thing I realized when I was about to do my first quest is that... I had no one to do it with. What prolonged my gameplay with LaTale was that my brother was there to play it with me. We both leveled together, did quests, and even pvped with each other for the fun of it (I got killed, but hey I'm bad at PvPing). So my point of this blog is that if you have people to play games with it will prolong your stay with it exponetially. I even log into Megaten a few minutes each day just to say hi to my clan mates even though I pretty much quit the game.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Aeria got rid of the buyable Skill Resets the Misc. Shop had. I play as a Fire Wizard, with Dagger skills to help me level faster. I was planning to reskill later when I had at least three skills (Level 40 for reference) because anyone that plays LaTale knows that Fire Wizards have LONG cooldowns. So you pretty much spend most of your career kiting as many mobs as you can. However, since OGP allowed you to buy Skill Resets I was allowed to have extra skills to help me level earlier on. This plan was effectively killed when Aeria got rid of Skill Resets. What Aeria does have over the OGP though is that there were certain features OPG didn't have. For example, you could just BUY the enchants for your armours instead of item hunt for it or buy it with real money.

So in the end, pick your poison as I foresee LaTale being killed if Megaten was hosted by the same company.

No comments:

Post a Comment