Sunday, March 14, 2010

Opinions are like Assholes

Everyone has one, and they're usually smelly.

Recently I've been playing League of Legends less and less due to that massive learning curve that always has me fail every game. Either that or it's my incompetence.

I decided to show my PS3 some love and decided to go out and buy some games for it. I went to my nearby BestBuy and whored up as many cheap $20 games I could find. Those lasted me a few weeks until Final Fantasy 13 came out.

Now the meaning of this title is just like it sounds, and it's related to FF13. I went onto GameFAQs to check the message boards to see if there would be anything major I should look out for, because in FF12 I failed at getting the spear which was impossible to get unless you knew the pre-requisites beforehand. It turns out the is so linear that there was no freaking way I could miss anything, which is always a good thing in certain cases. What I read on the message boards though raised a few eyebrows.

Opinions of FF13 are highly polarized, either you love it or hate it.

What's more entertaining than reading biased reviews though? Watching die hard FF fanboys argue with each other on which FF was the best. Personally, I will whole heartedly believe that FFX was the best unconditionally just because it was the first FF I have played. Nothing is better than your first time right? Well apparently every other FF fanboy thought so too and started to argue how so-and-so FF was better than FF13. Too bad that every one of them was drowning in their own nostalgia for me to make out what they were saying.

I thought I was watching people yelling at brick walls with the way they were arguing.

Well what I got from all of this was that FF fanboys are more stubborn than ... a fat guy with a diet? Oh, and critics like to bash JRPGs while praising WRPGs.

No comments:

Post a Comment