Thursday, November 12, 2009

New Patch and My QQing

Two posts in one day... Boy do I feel awkward.

(Don't expect new post in the next few weeks)

This post borrows a lot of things mentioned with the post under, however since they were two different topics I felt a need for two posts.

Well I felt this was needed since the new patch made me feel extremely lost on what to do.

The new crystals made me feel just extremely sad because after running some calculations if I had kept up with the gear I would have been able to one rush Gands without inc if I ever finished getting my dream crystals done. Anyways, I'll get them eventually, in the next three months.

Now as I, as a PvE Damage Whoring DD Build I feel the need to develop myself as excessive with damage. As a result I have turned myself into a Glass Cannon in PvP with my future Crystal Set.

13 Nyarl Tarots
1 Nyarl SS
1 Phantom SS

So, roughly, this gives me: -90% Fire defense, +59% General Magic, +20% Rush, -10Magic.

I am a Glass Cannon, a flick from a match could kill me. However, it feels like I am running on perm-incense, do we need to ban this too? But then again this is easily mitigated by the fact it'll feel like you are rushing Jiko.

Well needless to mention I do have a plan to mitigate all these penalties.

Brisingamen: +20
Roaring: +15
Quetz: +10
Anti-fire: +50
PvP Anti fire: +30

Can't remember if I am missing anything or not... but I should end up with +35% fire resistance. Coupled with a 70% pulse that's 20% of the original fire damage.

I'll be mor weak to Ice but mreh~

Also to mention not only will I have horrid fire defense, I will also have horrid cast time. But hey, Damage Whoring is the way to go.

One more thing I want to mention is how bad the new crystals shafted me mentally.

Nyarl and Phnatom... quite the bitches they are.

I've been playing since Dec '08 and NEITHER of these demons were implmented. The only thing I could gather is Mot/Uriel/Surt plugins, no one even knew that Synthesis existed. Hence the plugins I got from Acts were Uriel's and Mot. I ended up in Chaos.

Now I have to get Phantom SS, however I need to get the plugin to unlock him. To get his plugin I need a Surt... So getting him is going to be something I have no real plan of doing anytime soon.

Nyarl is a Law demon. All the tri-fuse pre-requisites are Law demons. Tri-fusing requires three people. Now, I don't know if I ever mentioned this to people but I am EXTREMELY reclusive in game. I rarely speak with other people, seldom do they speak with me. However, too get these new things I want I'm going to get some more people who I can leech off from. Something that is also noteworthy, Nyarl is level 86. I am level 82. So I am going to have to get someone to make them for me and whore myself to pay them.

I have no people's skills so I never got what I want. Hell, I've been running the same Seraph armour since June '09.

Again, I feel like I forgot to mention something. Anyways, I'll probably remember in three months.

8 comments:

  1. As a DD, I'm assuming you use Naga SS too, so shouldn't you calculate the -fire from that too? o: Doesn't make too much of a different, nontheless! >w<

    Feathers~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to take it out to be sure not to Fire rape myself.

    However, I could make up the damage bu just using some AP equipment that adds +general and just SS Gorgon to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But even if you keep Naga, you'd still overule the weakness wouldn't you? D: You'll just end up with 20% resist instead of 35% - well in PvP anyway, am I wrong? o:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well there are a few problems with that.

    The only reason I could afford to use Naga was becasue I used Aegis, which meant I didn't need to SS Gorgon to my Arms.

    However, I NEED to null stone in some way or another in PvP because people tend to be overly obnoxious with status ailments.

    So because I cannot use Naga on arms anymore I need to find someway to mitigate that loss in damage, which are AP equipment. We have a +4% Rush or +4% General (I think we do...) that we could substitute for it.

    Now, the +35% Fire resistance is pretty bad still because of how high fire damage tends to scale. If I hadn't gone and overkill myself with all thse Nyarl tarots I would be running around with the cap on fire resistance, which means I could afford to SS Naga if I wanted to.

    The thing holding me back on this is because +35% Fire Resistance is still pretty bad because fire would still do quite a bit of damage on me, and not like making it any lower would help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you can't keep an Aegis as a spare soley for PvP? And I think since the 35% resistance covers your weak point already, it would be acting as a bonus, and as long as you're not too into being as resistant to fire as possible, I'm pretty sure you could pull it off.

    Maybe even take out naga only for PvP if you're so concerned? Also if you carry around those buyable 30% enhance boosts you could help your resistance if you really wanted to.

    I'm also trying to deal with the same situation as you, but for me, I think the easiest method would be to get repel fire, it works upto three times and should give me enough time to dodge/run/kill. o:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Repel Fire is easily destroyable with Agi Accels xP.

    But the thing about wearing Naga like I said is that it replaces Gorgon which you need to null stone.

    The newer AP equipments have an innate boost in its gear which gives an equivelant or even more than Naga, so it wouldn't be necessary. more

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agi accel is only 2 hits o: and you could always set the demon to support only to keep rebuffing you C: it will be useful in PvE at least O: and I understand what you mean about Naga, I guess you could sacrfice it since it's only movement D:

    ReplyDelete